Monday, March 28, 2005

NO!!!

Step out of your echo chamber.

So today, UC Berkeley announced that they had (oops) lost a laptop with (yikes) about 98,000 people's SS#, Names, Addresses and you know, basically all the stuff it would take to theft my identity. http://newscenter.berkeley.edu/security/grad/ Oddly enough, they didn't send us a nice email saying, hey, guess what, this happened, protect your sorry behind. No, I found out almost by accident.
I'm going to South Africa on Friday to present two posters and give a talk. Today I did my taxes; once again falling below the poverty line and claiming back every damn penny. I'm also trying to find rare crappy music on the internet that is almost embarassing to look for.
If someone thefts my identity, they'll probably give it back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home